Sunday, September 26, 2010

R.I.P Jennifer Rardin




Earlier this week, I learned that Jennifer Rardin, author of the Jaz Parks urban fantasy series, had passed away. She was only 45. Jennifer and I have never met, but the news sort of struck home for me--we share the same wonderful agent, and I had just been on the phone with said agent right before I heard the news. My heart goes out to Jennifer's family, friends, fans, and all the people that knew her.

I had seen Jennifer's books while stalking the aisles of my local bookstore, and often told myself I should read them. When I was a very newbie author (I still am, I guess), I was amazed and even a little envious of Jennifer's success, and hoped that someday I might publish a lot of books like she had. Now, I can only think of how we should live each day as if it were our last, and be thankful for the things we have already accomplished.

Tomorrow I am going straight to my bookstore and picking up Once Bitten, Twice Shy. While I have never met Jennifer Rardin, and never will, I can think of no better way to remember a fellow author then for her words to live on within us, forever.

R.I.P Jennifer Rardin. I know you will be missed.

4 comments:

  1. Thats so sad. What is the book about? i think i should read it for A) a new book to read (my dad always gets mad when i read all of my books over again since im such a good reader xD) and B) for memory of Jennifer (i have a bff named jennifer!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great series; I've read all the books. And this news deeply upsets me. At first I thought it was some kind of joke, but now...I know it's not.
    R.I.P, Jennifer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sad when I heard about her death. I love her series

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenifer died. that's very unfortunate. but the books she wrote are great.

    ReplyDelete